I would like to see these style of tapes return to the WWE and am going to list a sample card of matches as well as benefits of this release
There are NO CONS to this method, in my opinion, only Pros which I will outline in my ideas
- It gives Matt Striker something to do in the company! He can be the host of this collection!
- There is no added budget if they shoot these matches at RAW / Smack Down tapings! They can take place in place of dark matches
- Gives the WWE the chance to release comedy segments that would bomb on RAW to the audience and test their reception to these segments
- Commentary Dream Teams! At most, taping commentary for these matches would last two days at maximum! Would you buy a DVD knowing that you are going to hear Joey Styles return to commentary?How about Good Ol' JR? How about the pair of JR-Styles? JR-Striker? Striker-Styles? Hell, Lawler and JR could reunite for this collection! The best part ... It would only cost WWE two days work for this team!
- THE MATCHES WOULD NOT REQUIRE A STORYLINE!!! So there would be no extra work for the creative staff
- Because of no added budget for this taping, the DVD sales are PURE PROFIT!
- Guys such as Rick Rude who may not require a full DVD release can get a portion of this DVD by having a Legends portion of the disc!
And now, my card for the first release of this series
- Daniel Bryan vs Evan Borne
- John Morrison vs Sheamus
- Gabriel and Slater vs Kozlov and Santino
- Eve vs Michelle McCool
- Jack Swagger vs Kofi Kingston
- Edge and Christian vs Wade Barrett and Ezekiel Jackson
- Alberto Del Rio vs Rey Mysterio
- John Cena vs the Miz
* Sure we have seen some of these matches countless times over the last few months but I believe we would still pay for NEVER BEFORE SEEN matches between these individuals where more time can be allotted to their matches thanks to this taping schedule!
* If you tape two matches per taping, you will have them taped within a month! Which means these releases can be on shelves within TWO months! Quick, Profitable and Efficient!
What do you readers think of that?
I would also like to take this time to thank everybody for visiting this blog! When I started a month ago, I intended on this blog being somewhere my friends can come and read a detailed idea of mine about professional wrestling and to have International Visitors is amazing! I hope you enjoy the past blogs and in the future! I look forward to bringing you more "From the Gorilla Position"
.... JOHNNY ACE, WHERE'S MY JOB?